Sabado, Hunyo 22, 2013

High school survival guide #7- How to deal with being an officer

High school survival guide #7- How to deal with being an officer


So you know the drill, sorry if I haven’t blogged for a while, if you don’t know the reasons why this epidemic happened please feel free to check the last blog update before this so called update.  Its currently saturday and im supposed to update yesterday but I got caught up so bleh.

Random and off topic BUT WHY DO PEOPLE IN FACEBOOK POST A STATUS ABOUT EARTHQUAKES WHILE ITS  AT ITS PEEK!? Why people why? CANT you NOT? What if we died?
 Will  your status mean anything? Huh?

Okay enough with the random rant, On to the topic!

Last week I was nominated as PRESIDENT of our class by my  classmates, Joy right? Wrong! Do you know how hard it is being a president!? Much less the president of a classroom with a history?!?

TO ALL THOSE WHO VOTED FOR ME: 
I was the president of my past section in freshman year. To tell you the least it was unexpected seeing that I had absolutely no experience.

 Let me make a brief explanation on this, so iam in section, lets name it, Mitterland this year.. MitterLand has a history of being the noisiest classroom in the whole campus because its in front of the principal’s office therefore its always, and I mean always heard by the principal.

 To add to that we have the  noisiest boys from the whole sophomore year. See how this is hard for me? no? then blah! Sucks for you!

It all started on monday….


See this is why I hate Mondays! I was just sitting there without any clue of what was going to happen then BAM! Our adviser tells us that its time to vote for the officers!

 Inside I was freaking out because knowing some of my classmates, they deliberately agreed on torturing me, maybe not intentionally but bare with me here!

Our adviser made us write 5 names of the people we want to take part in the leadership. What we knew was we were going to nominate them in a certain position, but NOOOO our adviser had different ideas.

She happened to forget to tell us that, even though we elected some of them in certain positions it will be counted as individual votes, and the span of your votes determines your position.

When we were finished writing, our adviser called me to tally the votes.

 I was like: “ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?”


 So seeing that I couldn’t retaliate, I grudgingly approached the blackboard and wrote the names of the people that she called on. I must admit that some of the nominated people were not good, to say the least and im kind of glad that they didn’t win but we must they drag me into this!?

I kid you not, young jedi, I was practically scratching my fingernails on that dang blackboard everytime my name gets called. Im surprised I didn’t cheat and erased one of my votes. So let me conclude this. I won. 

Unfortunately.

So if you have this kind of unfortunate fortune let me give you tips that helped me survived my first year as an officer. I just hope that God has enough pity for me for it to work this year, but lets still give it a go shall we?

Tip #1- Learn not to care.



Ironically, being an officer means you NEED to care about your classmates in order for you to have leadership. But this actually refers to not caring about Some opinions.

Often times you might hear chattering and rumors about you, but this is what I learned, if you don’t give a f*ck,

it wont matter.

 Just remember that some of them are probably just a sprout of insecurity. Because some people are like that. seriously….

The only opinion that matters is your opinion. If your happy with your leadership then they have no right to judge you. Okay? just don’t give a duck to what they say because its not that important.

30 years from now you’ll look back at those and you know what? They wont matter. So don’t go wasting your tears with those , like I did, because I kid you not, young jedi, no one will care either. Maybe some will show concern but they will soon realize that youre over reacting and they wont care anymore.

Now im talking from experience here, I wasted some tears over those and now I look back at those and I want to slap myself, tell myself to build a bridge and get over it.

Tip #2- Say NO sometimes



If youre like me (a major push over), this step may be hard. I admit that the first week I was elected at president last year I was a major pushover. I said yes to everybody and to everything.

And ofcourse, I soon learned that saying no wouldn’t hurt, the worst part? I learned that the hard way. See, our adviser last year was strict, young jedi, legit strict, and not the good kind either. The majority of our classroom hated him/her.

Point of information: he’s gay.


NO

Its 1 syllable with 2 letters. How hard could it be?

Very hard. Especially if you really don’t know how.



Tip #3- Try not to be serious all the time


I swear to god, I can see wrinkles forming because of the stress given to me last year.  The thing I learned from last year is that, if youre serious all the time, you wont have fun.

The majority of last school year was full of drama and stress, mostly cause by my classmates but I don’t blame it all on them. I kind of blame it on myself for stressing too much.

Why did I act all serious all the time?

Good question, because were trying to set an example here. Now we cant do that if we goof all around and about right? We NEED the respect of others to be able to lead. We need others to take us seriously.

But the thing is, young jedi, you don’t need to be serious all the time. Frequently if possible learn to let lose. Throw your hand in the air randomly and shout halleluiah. Be hyper. Smile.

Don’t be so strict all the time.

As said on ALVIN AND THE CHIMPMUNKS: LOST AT SEA: BY SIMON “let them rise to the occasion”.. oh and if youre wondering, YES, iam indeed a chipmunk fan. Who doesn’t like talking, singing, cute chipmunks.

See? This things aren’t that serious but it helps you. It helps you cope with the stress that is itching on you. Have freaking fun…

Tip #4- SPORTSMANSHIP


This plays a vital role in being an officer. Let me rephrase that word.

 LEARN TO ACCEPT DEFEAT AND GIVE IT UP.

See having this quality will earn you a fair amount of respect. If you handle things like its war then prepare for one. You are not going to get favors by lacking sportsmanship.

Not everything about being an officer is a competition….

See young jedi, officers have unspoken expectations from EVERYONE. Just because youre an officer doesn’t mean youre perfect but everyone expects you to be, but YOU ARE NOT.

Try accepting brutal defeat once in a while because you will not be the best at everything. You will not win at everything, 

ACCEPT THAT. ITS LIFE.

Iam talking from experience here again. Some of you might know that the school I go in is one of those school who elects student body president and what not and last year I was nominated as the representative.

Along side with my fellow competitors, but only now do I realize that they are rude, mean and inconsiderate at least one of them is. Lets call him Durfluff.

So durfluff and his brother were in the opposing team. Over the span of two-three weeks we had our campaign. It was fair and square. I could say that our team did that. but I lost at this and durfluff won but meanwhile his brother lost. And all hell broke loose.

Heres what happened after the election, durfluff’s smartass of a brother and his mother decided to post numerous rants on facebook about demanding a re- election because of “un-official” ballots. Which were not true. if you asked me, they looked very "official" 

I kid you not, young jedi, in the span of the summer they managed to take out a lawyer and placed a complaint on our school. That is SO DENSE. Its just a freaking high school organization. GET OVER IT.




Then…… YES THERE IS MORE….

Last Thursday I was informed by our principal that durfluff’s mother filed another complaint for the school. It not being fair and just. Durfluff’s mother decided to drop durfluff’s position. So the principal gave it to me.
How screwed is that? gosh… sportsmanship people… don’t forget it



S-P-O-R-T-S-M-A-N-S-H-I-P


Tip#5- Don’t change who you are.


As said on the last tip, officers have unspoken expectations from everyone, but that doesn’t mean you have to change who you are to get to that.

I admit I have change a lot since last year but it wasn’t too drastic. Don’t forget who you really are, underneath that position.

Don’t forget all the people that helped you get there, those who helped you be what you are right now. Your friends.

Be humble. Don’t let it get to your head, because once you do that all hope is lost my friend and youre stuck there, maybe not forever but momentarily.

In all seriousness little jedi, this was my main goal last school year: DON’T CHANGE. Why? Because I don’t want people I care about to drift away. I just couldn’t take that.


As a result what did I get. I didn’t lose a friend I gained some. Two of my close friends now.

I Dedicate this tip to my very close friends:

December a.k.a Murfluff
Bush a.k.a Zurfluff
Fairy A.k.a Furfluff
undecided a.k.a Eurfluff
Prettywhitethang a.k.a Jurfluff













~*~

That ends my semi-long update.. here enjoy random photos that has no relevance what so ever to my post… hurrah......




















































.................................................till i type again.......................................





             ~the kxx~


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento