Miyerkules, Abril 16, 2014

High school Survival Guide- Gender equality, Homophobia, Internet addiction.




High school Survival Guide- Gender equality, Homophobia, Internet addiction. 



Iam without a doubt a horrible human being. Iam the cancer of society. Being the stone hearted person that im I will still not apologize for not updating and blogging because you and I both know that people don’t give a fuck. Well to be honest I missed blogging and currently its on my summer resolution to do so. And of course you must know that I'm not going to deny the lack of passion and completely, utterly suffocating writers block Ive just acquired over the span of my busy school year.

I mean really, what do fucking expect? Between the shitload of projects my teachers practically shoved down our throats and the constant desire to ace every damn test we took, I had absolutely no time to rant about my irrevocably petrifying life, however therapeutic it may sound.

Speaking of horrible human beings, This blog will be about the frustrating and horrendous case of gender equality, homophobia and Internet addiction, it may sound like three topics that have no relation what so ever but I promise you this is a situation worth reading.

 So therefore let us commence….

Once upon a time, in the land of Internet, I was busy chatting with a friend online, which we will mention by the name of Autumn, and we drifted off to the topic of school drama. Yes, we are geeks, but we still like to talk about what was bothering us about our school. Anyway, she mentioned the scandalous picture that was attracting a bunch of homophobic people in our school. 

Apparently two SEVENTH GRADERS, I shit you not, TWO SEVENTH GRADERS, both girls, clearly lesbians, posted a picture of them kissing… online. And you know what happens when you post a picture of two underage girls kissing online? A SHIT STORM. That’s what happens. People’s opinions rise and People will say shitty things and do mean stuff.

After the supposed picture was posted, it attracted A LOT of attention, they practically created a freaking hash tag for it. The attention though, was not the nice sort of attention, it attracted- well- a lot of haters, homophobic ones.
The supposed picture went “viral”, and when I say viral, I do not mean internationally, but in terms of the population of our school. Practically everyone In our school  knows it, even the teachers. And let me tell you this, I study in a catholic school, and teachers literally will force you to think that being homosexual, bisexual, pansexual whatever the hell sexual except heterosexual is “bad” and will send you to hell.


That being said, the picture started a riot of hate comments, posts, statuses about them “disgracing the authenticity and morals” of our school. I have seen comments saying “ewww lesbians” “that’s disgusting” “they will burn in hell” and many more.

And you know what, it makes me sick, and it makes me worry about the future of the next generation. This is why me and autumn wanted to be in a different generation, preferably the 80’s because that generation rocked.

MY OPINION:


Despite the fact that I should be minding my own business, I still think that what both sides were doing was wrong, in a way. We have two sides here, the homophobic bitches, and the homosexual couple.
Lets start with the what the couples have done. Yes, I do think that being open with what you love and who you love is normal and honestly we have no right to judge, but I have to admit that posting that picture was their fault. I mean seriously, I am a 100% supporter of loving who you want to love, but posting it online while you are really very young is not the right way to express it.

Part of it was the couples fault, but the root of their fault, was in fact, the relationship between society and Internet addiction. THIS IS WHAT THE INTERNET HAS DONE TO US.

You can express your love in so many ways other than doing that. But to be honest, even if they did post that picture, and even if they were under aged, I still don’t blame them for the hideous and hurtful words that were thrown against them.

I have three major things I want to say to the people basing the couple:


1.) Being homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, etc. does not define who you are. Who you love does not define who you are. Its what you do that makes you who you are. I know three people, equally as brilliant, equally as talented, and they are transgender, but here is the thing, the fact that they are transgender doesn’t make them a normal person any less.

Girls  can be into girls if they want to, and they should still be treated like a human being. Boys can be into boys if they want to and they should still not be shamed and deemed to go to hell. Boys and girls can be open to both genders and they can still do amazing things. Being transgender should not make you love people any less.


2. Homophobia is sick and disgraceful. You want to talk about morals? Lets talk about morals. Isn't the basic rule of god tells us to love our neighbor without any condition. UNCONDITIONAL RESPECT. That’s all we need in this world. We need to respect one another unconditionally. Transgender, straight,  they can be into sloths for all I care, but we still need to respect them. THEY ARE STILL HUMAN FUCKING BEINGS.

Bashing other people and saying that what they love makes them different will not earn you respect. STOP BEING SO SHALLOW. BE OPEN MINDED. THERE ARE MORE PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD THAN BOYS KISSING BOYS AND GIRLS KISSING GIRLS. Beings transgender does not automatically make you a bad person, shaming people, disrespecting them because of their identity does. This is a thing they cant help, its just who they are. Oh and point of information, I am not gay, for fucks sake, iam not gay because I support gay rights. I also support animal rights, do I look like a fucking alpaca to you? NO. I have been raised by my parents as a catholic, as a person who believes that people should be treated equally just as god has loved us equally. Supporting transgender rights isn’t heroism, its basic human decency.

3. I have seen more love in a transgender couple than any of the straight lovers. Fuck you if you shame people for loving someone they truly love, despite being of the same gender.  People don’t fall in love with a gender, they fall in love with a person. A heart does not beat for a possibility, a heart beats for a person. Love is a strange thing. It cannot be dictated. If you love someone, there is no but’s or what if’s, love is love, no matter who it is directed to.
 Let me just tell you that my brother (adoptive-ish kind of its hard to explain) and his boyfriend love each other. Through thick and thin they have stand by each other. Ive never seen love like I see with my brother and his boyfriend. They have trust and loyalty and even when they fight I still see how much they love each other.Ive observed some relationship and I still haven’t seen a love as real as theirs. I admire their relationship so much. I have had a hard time believing someone could actually fall in love and spend their whole life with someone else and their relationship showed me that it could be real. It could really happen. I don’t give a shit about all the stupid reasons why homosexuality is right or wrong because ive seen love in real life and it doesn’t need anything to support its existence. Its just real because love is love.
 


The end... 


-*- *-*-*-



Here are some quotes, pictures, illustrations etc that will probably prove my point:

“I have not lived as a woman. I have lived as a man. I’ve just done what I damn well wanted to, and I’ve made enough money to support myself, and ain’t afraid of being alone.”
― Katharine Hepburn

“I hate the word homophobia. Its not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.” ―Morgan freeman

“Same sex marriage isn’t gay privilege, it’s equal rights. Privilege would be something like gay people not paying taxes. Like churches don’t.”
— 

“You had to be willing to fight in order for a love story to last a life time.” 
 Cristina Marrero, The Unsung Love Story

“The single best thing about coming out of the closet is that nobody can insult you by telling you what you've just told them.” 
 Rachel Maddow

“I am a rare species, not a stereotype.” 
 Ivan E. Coyote

“I want love to conquer all. But love can't conquer anything. It can't do anything on it's own.
It relies on us to do the conquering on its behalf.” 
 David Levithan
, Every Day

“Gay kids aren’t a “plot point” that you can play with. Gay kids are real, actual kids, teenagers, growing up into awesome adults, and they don’t have the books they need to reflect that. Growing up, my nose was constantly stuck in a book. Growing up as a lesbian, I was told over and over and over by the lack of gayness in said books that I did not exist. That I wasn’t important enough to tell stories about. That I was invisible. Why are we telling our kids this? Why are we telling them that they’re a minority, and they don’t deserve the same rights as straights, that they’re going to grow up in a world that despises them, that the intolerance of humanity will never change, that they’re worthless. It’s not true.” 
 Sarah Diemer

I don’t understand the hatred and fear of gays and bisexuals and lesbians…
it’s a concept I honestly cannot grasp. To me, it’s not who you love…
a man, a woman, what have you…
it’s the fact that you love. That is all that truly matters.” 
 Al Pacino
,

“So, let me get this straight-- You want me to stop being a lesbian and being attracted to women because it is a 'sin'? Last time I checked, when you lie you are sinning. Sure, I could tell you I am no longer a lesbian or that I am no longer attracted to women and am straight, or I could even tell you the moon is made of cheese. I could tell you many things, but the moon will still not be made of cheese, and I will still not be attracted to men. I could tell you a lie in order to placate you, but isn’t the truth supposed to set me free? I choose truth over lies any day of the week. ” 
 Cristina Marrero















So adios, and till i blog again.... 


~TheKxx~



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento